Starship down again? :-(

Manus Hand mjhand at concentric.net
Tue Nov 7 18:53:11 EST 2000

> Just noticed now that it was down and decided to check c.l.p, but
> I guess everyone else is in the dark as well.

So it would seem.  Apparently the outage began either Friday or
over the weekend.  I have an e-mail address for the guy who put
it back up last time, but I'm sure he's on it and I don't intend
to bother him, since I bothered him more than my share last time,
and I ran him plum out of patience.

> >(While I'm here, did anyone else notice significant performance
> >degradation while it was up last time?
>
> I too noticed this.  Did a netstat and noticed that a lot of the
> connections had high recieve queues (or was it send queues?).

I know little if anything about Zope (something I intend to remedy
someday), but well, the problems did seem to start when Zope was
re-enabled.  (Although, like I say, it could just have been my
network connection.)

> Starting to get annoying as I use starship for email.

Ditto.  ...And I use it for a whole lot MORE than e-mail too.  :-(

I hope someone posts an update soon,
Manus

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.