CODING and CROSS PLATFORM

François Granger francois.granger at free.fr
Sat Nov 11 13:40:46 EST 2000

Alex Martelli <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:

> "François Granger" <francois.granger at free.fr> wrote in message
> news:1ejxkal.8e6eeh1y65jdrN at paris11-nas2-43-65.dial.proxad.net...
> > Alex Martelli <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > wxWindows (and wxPython) is my candidate for this role.  wxWindows is
> > > a GUI-and-other-crossplatform-stuff framework, main/original author
> > > Julian Smart, coded in C++; I've seen it work excellently on Linux
> > > and Win32, and I'm told it's now just as good on Mac and BeOs (but I
> > > have no first hand experience of either of those, sorry).
> >
> > Searching on the site confirm that there is no Mac version available.
>
> http://web.ukonline.co.uk/julian.smart/wxwin/dl_mac2.htm is the
> only relevant URL I know, but it still points to a beta that's over a
> year old.

And the given link http://www.advanced.ch/wxwin/wx200macb2.sea.hqx is
broken.

> However, I see on the sourceforge site
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxwindows/
> that it claims
> Operating System: MacOS, Windows, POSIX
> (but it's not clear to me what one could get from there, except
> the CVS tree...).

on wxPython.org there is no indication of a binary for Mac aalong the
ones for Windows and linux.

So it seems reasonably fair to say "there is no Mac version available".
And I would be really pleased to be wrong.

Searching further, I got to this link:
http://www.advanced.ch/wxwin/

where I got this:
<<01/19/2000 : I've uploaded an archive of the latest 2.0 version.
Download (5.9 MB)>>

I am downloading it and will test it.

--
Dans le fond, Usenet c'est la loi de la jungle: ceux (celles) qui
n'aiment pas la bagarre disparaissent.