Lock in os.path.abspath() while using wxPython ? - turned around (modif ntpath.py)

Laurent POINTAL pointal at lure.u-psud.fr
Tue Nov 7 09:05:10 EST 2000

On Tue, 07 Nov 2000 10:08:26 GMT, pointal at lure.u-psud.fr (Laurent
POINTAL) wrote:

>: Python 1.5.2
>: wxPython 2.2
>:
>: Hello, we are using wxPython (started and running in Python main
>: thread), and we create a working thread. In the working thread a call:
>:   self.fname = os.path.abspath(filename)
>: result in a long lock... which is unlocked when we close the wxPython
>: main window (and a-priori exit event loop).
>:
>: What could it be?
>:
>: We know about Python global lock, but it seem to be another problem.

I miss: we work under WindowsNT4 SP5.

With commenting the 'try' lines about the win32api in abspath function
in python standard module ntpath.py (which call
win32api.GetFullPathName), our script works.
Maybe a Windows specific lock.

Note: we have tried with and without the python windows extensions
installed, in both case we must comment out win32api use.

A+

Laurent.

---
Laurent POINTAL - CNRS/LURE - Service Informatique Experiences
Tel/fax: 01 64 46 82 80 / 01 64 46 41 48
email  : pointal at lure.u-psud.fr  ou  lpointal at planete.net