Recursing through a website

Daniel Klein DanielK at aracnet.com
Mon Nov 20 13:43:30 EST 2000

Aahz,

This is kinda off-topic for this group, but a btree with only 3-6 elements
per node would indicate that either the size of each element is very large
or the node size is every small. A typical buffer on a computer is at least
1k and many times it is 4k or 8k. A btree is best optimized by ensuring that
the minimum size for each node is 1/2 the node size so that when the node
degenerates to less than 1/2, it merges with its sibling along with one key
from its parent.

I have coded btrees both recursively and non-recursively (albeit in other
languages) and have noticed a marked performance gain with the latter. Does
recursion on Python have a perfermence 'cost'?

Dan

news:8vbp52$f2u$1 at panix2.panix.com...

http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
> Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6
>
> "as long as we like the same operating system, things are cool." --
piranha