parsing windows resource scripts

Grant Griffin not.this at seebelow.org
Tue Nov 7 16:18:17 EST 2000

Hi Gang,

I've been toying with the idea of parsing some of my Windows resource
scripts in order to automatically generate equivalent wxWindows and/or
wxPython menus and dialogs:

- Has anybody done anything like this?
- Does anybody have any suggestions for an "elegant" way to implement it
in Python?  (I don't think it would be to hard to implement this in a
brute-force way, but as a wise guy once said, "beautiful is better than
ugly".)
- Does anybody know where I can find a grammar that describes Windows
resource scripts?  (I have a reference book for this but not a
"grammar".)

thanks much-ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com