P*rl in Latin, whither Python?

Suchandra Thapa ssthapa at harper.uchicago.edu
Sat Nov 11 03:38:20 EST 2000

Samuel A. Falvo II <kc5tja at garnet.armored.net> wrote:
>On Fri, 10 Nov 2000 02:51:58 GMT, Steve Williams wrote:
>>http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~damian/papers/HTML/Perligata.html
>
>Now THIS is fascinating.  I honestly didn't think Perl could have its syntax
>cleaned up so well.  Not that I understand Latin, but it sure looks a lot
>cleaner.
>
>>I propose Python in Finnish.
>
>I take it Italian is too close to Latin for you?  :)  How about Japanese?  I
>heard (though cannot verify) that Japanese was pretty orthogonal, and should
>be easily computer parsable (compared to, say, English or German. ;) ).

    Actually to really outdo the perl people, we should do it in walpiri.
Not only would we have the advantage of using a chic obscure aboriginal
language but we can take advantage of the fact that walpiri has no grammar
at all to create a variant of python that lets you write programs that
are even harder to read than perl.

Suchandra Thapa             | "There are only two kinds of math books.
s-thapaNO at SPAMuchicago.edu  | Those you cannot read beyond the first