Tkinter: easiest way to create stand-alone dialog?

hartmut Goebel hartmut at oberon.noris.de
Thu Nov 2 16:07:43 EST 2000

Hallo,

I want to use a dialog box within a Python script, not within a GUI
application. Now I'm looking for a very simple way to create a dialog box.
Something like this:

     from Dialog import Dialog
     success = do_some_stuff()
     if not succes:
         Dialog(text="Ouch, an error", ...)

Unfortunately Dialog() opens a root window (and the dialog box of course).

Is there another easy way to create a modal dialog box, but without a root
window? Or do I have to write myself a class (not that complicated at all,
but I'm lazy :-)

+++hartmut