environment space

lchan_ea at my-deja.com lchan_ea at my-deja.com
Thu Nov 9 16:53:39 EST 2000

I am invoking an executable as a subprocess from my Python script using
os.system and when I run the script by double-clicking in Windows
explorer, I get a message: Out of environment space.

This does not happen if I run the Python script in the IDE or within a
DOS window. I've tried setting all the DOS prompt exectuables to the
max environment size and this still doesnt work.

Is Python calling some internal DOS shell? Any ideas about how to init
the environment size for the subprocess before execution?

Thanks.
Lydia Chan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.