Need advice: serving data using http/web-server to clients ( not only browsers )

Olivier Dagenais olivierS.dagenaisP at canadaA.comM
Fri Nov 3 08:25:56 EST 2000

I'm implementing something similar on the back-end, using a threaded FastCGI
instance, so that I can synchronize the accesses to a database.   I'm using
Gadfly as a database engine, so it's portable.

The difference is that I'm returning data that only my client will use and
maybe I should be using XML but I've come up with my own little format
because I knew how to do that quickly and I needed some security features...
<g>

It sounds like your project is further ahead than mine, although it would be
interesting to compare ideas and maybe merge efforts...???

Olivier A. Dagenais - Software Architect and Developer
"Someone called 'Type your name here' is impersonating me on the
internet and is posting exactly the same things I am posting!"

news:LwxM5.1936$mx.44638 at news1.oke.nextra.no...