Ruby and Python

Lyle Johnson ljohnson at resgen.com
Thu Nov 16 10:51:42 EST 2000

> Haven't used Ruby, but IIRC, it's only available for Windoze.  From that
> standpoint alone, no way will Ruby overtake Python.

Bonk! Wrong answer. To quote the FAQ, it is developed under Linux but runs
under Unix, DOS, Windows, MacOS, BeOS, Amiga, Acorn Risc OS (???) and OS/2.

I've just started looking at Ruby, mainly because my curiosity got the
better of me. So far I'm underwhelmed. I can see how it might appeal to Perl
users but not Python users. I'll try to present my finding to the newsgroup
after I've had more time to give it a fair shake.