autoconf macro to detect Python?

Vadim Zeitlin zeitlin at seth.lpthe.jussieu.fr
Fri Nov 3 12:12:39 EST 2000

 Hello,

 sorry if this has been asked before, but DejaNews search didn't find anything
and the autoconf archive seems to be unaccessible from here so I decided to
post it here:

 My question is whether there exists a standard/official macro to use in
configure.in script to check for Python installation, i.e. headers and
libraries? Currently I have my own but it only works for 1.x and I thought
that instead of updating it to handle 2.0 it might be better to reuse an
existing one, if it exists, of course.

 Thanks,
VZ

--
GCS/GM d? H+ s++:-- p2 au--- a- w+ v C+++ UBLS+++ P- L++ N++ E--- W++++ M? V--
-po+ R++ G`` !tv b+++ D--- e++++ u++ h--- f+ r++ n- y?