Thread dummy

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Mon May 15 03:35:11 EDT 2000

[posted & mailed]

[Glyph Lefkowitz]
> Multithreading could be easy to explain with Python, but I don't know
> of any good tutorials for it.  Anyone?

None.  Guido started one, but didn't get very far.  It's hard to explain!
Rather like it's hard to explain what kidney stones feel like <ouch>.  For
now, since Python's threading.py was patterned on Java's thread gimmicks,
it's probably better to look for a Java thread tutorial.

> how-many-times-do-i-have-to-do-this-before-i-become-a-'bot'-ly yr's,

Literally thousands.  I'm more of an honorary bot these days, in recognition
of years of past posting excess.  I see there are several threads on c.l.py
you're not even in yet!

aspiring-to-bot-hood-is-like-aspiring-to-be-the-world's-most-
    prolific-kazoo-player-ly y'rs  - tim