Problem with "COM Browser" in PythonWin 1.5.2

Marc Paterno paterno at fnal.gov
Fri May 5 12:37:50 EDT 2000

Hi all,

Perhaps I should have included the following information: the error happens
immediately upon clicking on the "Registered Categories" item. Watching
the state of the process in the Task Manager, there is no sign of large
memory allocation. Finally, my machine has 256 Mbytes of RAM.

It doesn't appear to me like the problem is a series of memory allocations,
followed by eventual memory exhaustion. It could be that the problem is a
single enormous allocation that couldn't be satisfied. I don't understand
the
the code well enough to discover if this is the case.

Can anybody suggest how to discover what the source of the failure might
be? Has anyone else encountered this problem? Has anyone used this
tool under Windows NT 4.0 SP6a successfully?

All suggestions will be welcomed. To cut down on newsgroup traffic,
please respond directly to me (paterno at fnal.gov). If this turns out to be
a real bug, or if a useful workaround is found, I'll be happy to post a
summary.

best regards,
Marc