Learning Python

Alan Wu alanwu at bigpond.com
Fri May 5 03:52:19 EDT 2000

Hi,
This may not be the best place to ask, but I was wondering if you people
here could help me out with my attempt to learn how to program with Python.
By all accounts, Python seems to be a learn-able language that one can do
useful stuff with. I haven't had much experience with programming (except
for a course in Visual Basic I did a year ago in Year 10), so I'm a bit
hesitant as to how to go about learning a programming language. I was
thinking of buying a book, either Learning Python by O'Reilly or The Quick
Python Book by Manning - does that sound wise? Which book would be best for
a newcomer to programming?

Any help would be appreciated.

Alan