Case sensitivity/insensitivity

Bjoern Lindstroem bkhl at swipnet.se
Sun May 21 14:36:08 EDT 2000

Francis Glassborow wrote:
> There is a largish minority for whom using case sensitive tokens is a
> menace -- those that rely on text-speech because their eyesight is
> severely impaired.

I am not an expert on these things, but I know one visually impaired
programming person. He uses a nifty one-line display that you read with
a finger. I have a hard time believing that text to speech standard
would be nearly as effective as that. My point is that the usability of
Python for visually impaired people is a rather poor argument for case
insensitivity.

Just my 2 öre[*].

[*] 100 öre = 1 Swedish crown
--
| )  o o      |       |      o o   bkhl at swipnet.se
|-. o _ ._._  | o._  _| __|_.__ ._ _  http://home.swipnet.se/bkhl
|__)|(_)| | | |_|| |(_|_> |_|(_)| | |    PGP Public key on home page
   _|                                       and keyserver, ID 6F580C70