Any python code prettifiers out there?

Ryan ryang at synthesys.com
Tue May 2 20:39:25 EDT 2000

I know that Python's syntax rules force one's code to be much more
readable by default than most other languages; however, in certain
instances, there still exist different styles that individual
programmers can use.

Consequently, I'm wondering if there exists any Python equivalent to
the FSF program "indent" for C code.  I would find this an extremely
useful tool for providing a quick way to make large sets of Python
source files follow a standard.  As the simplest example of a feature
of such a program: it could line up consecutive assignment statements.

I tried the search engine on python.org and I couldn't find anything
relevant.

Thanks for any info :)

--Ryan