plain text python source -> HTML syntax highlighted source

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon May 1 14:59:25 EDT 2000

Mike Steed <MSteed at altiris.com> writes:

[ snip blah blah html blah ]

> This is probably not what you were thinking of, but Vim can do this.  Open
> your file and choose Syntax->Convert to HTML.  The output is an HTML-ized
> version of your file with whatever syntax highlighting you have defined.

Not to be outdone by a VIMmer :-) XEmacs can also do this (I don't
know about the FSF's version) although it probably requires the 'sumo'
installation:

M-x htmlize-file

Which requests you enter a filename, uses font-lock to appropriately
highlight the syntax, and outputs an HTML file.  You may also want to
M-x untabify the file first.

To be honest, vim's syntax highlighting is probably more extensive and
nicer, but I've taken more time to customize my xemacs colors, so it's
convenient.

ObAdverbSig; you-knew-it-was-coming<0.9 wink>-ly y'rs, glyph

                 |   @ t w i s t e d m a t r i x  . c o m   |
                 |   http://www.twistedmatrix.com/~glyph/   |