Stackless/microthreads merge news

Christopher Medalis chris at hazelnut.millersv.edu
Tue May 9 18:31:45 EDT 2000

#:And Jeff Senn writes:
#: -
#: - Several times I have considered what it would be like to have a
#: - 'simple-unified-VM' that supported continuations (if not full
#: - continuations -- then at least micro-threading) and could run Python,
#: - Java Script, Ruby, ... [Visual] Basic?, Perl??, ... Java????...
#:
#:Like a Virtual Virtual Machine? See http://www-sor.inria.fr/projects/vvm/ .
#:
Please don't hurt me for this one, but I know of one plan for the "run
every interpreted language VM" :
Windows Script Host ( aka: "I am the thing that lets vbs viruses cause a
billion dollars worth of damage in a few days")

http://www.microsoft.com/management/wshobj.htm
--8<--
Both Microsoft Visual Basic development system Scripting Edition
(VBScript) and Microsoft JScript development system scripting engines are
provided with Windows Scripting Host. Other software companies will
provide ActiveX scripting engines for languages such as Perl, TCL, REXX,
Python, and others..
^^^^^^
--8<--

Yipes(?)