os.linesep under Windows

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Tue May 30 17:41:04 EDT 2000

andres at corrada.com writes:
 > Thanks for this explanation. It reminded me of a question I have asked
 > before but never got a clear answer. If this is due to Python's C
 > implementation, what happens in JPython? Does Java follow the same
 > convention?

  I've used JPython for a matter of hours, and didn't do any file I/O
from the Python side, so I really don't know.  I'd *expect* it to
emulate the C behavior there since that's really fundamental to the
way text files are handled on most platforms.
  Perhaps someone with more JPython experience (enough to be measured
in days ;) could inform the discussion on this point.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>