A PYTHON PREPROCESSOR

Michal Wallace (sabren) sabren at manifestation.com
Thu May 18 14:26:44 EDT 2000

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Courageous wrote:

> I am considering writing a Python preproccesor,
> and I'm wondering if prior work has been done,
> and if there's any collective wisdom or thoughts
> on the concept. I realize that the preprocessor
> has to take into account whitespace, and I don't
> feel this is a problem (I have implemented a
> template processor in the past that both tracked
> indentation level and affected it).
>
> I'm curious what kind of features people would
> like to see.
>
> I'm favoring the use of the "at" sign (@) as a
> token for preprocessor directives, as that appears
> to be unused.

Well.. Umm.. I started a preprocessor named lecter.
It's probably not what you want. It's probably not
what anyone wants. You probably ought not even look
at it.

But here it is: http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=2797

I was trying to see how far I could get with a hand
coded parser.. It wasn't far... But it lets you stick
curlies in your python code, if for some reason you
wanted to.

Cheers,

- Michal