platform neutrality (was: The REALLY bad thing...)

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Tue May 16 16:55:27 EDT 2000

In article <000501bfbee7$62318ac0$a2a0143f at tim>, "Tim says...

>As to the remarks about whether it was worth the time to port Python to
>Windows, note that Windows is Python's most heavily used platform now -- I
>personally doubt Python would have survived if it only had its Mac and Unix
>base since '91.

Here's yet another thing I like about Python: it's most vocal advocates don't
regret the fact that it runs on Windows.  In fact, some of 'em even develop
stuff for Windows!  (Get outta here! / _No, really_!)

Of all the major open-source packages I've seen, Python seems to be the most
platform-neutral.  Well done!

(those-open-source-packages-which-live-in-the-most-environments
   -will-win-software's-'survival-of-the-fittest'-game;-open
   -source-authors-who-recognize-that-are-wiser-than-unix
   -fetishists-who-don't<wink>)-ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation            http://www.iowegian.com