Best HTML module?

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Sun May 14 04:31:22 EDT 2000

Jason Long wrote:

> Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm Python newbie.
>
> I would like to be able to take an HTML template file and replace
> certain tags or comments with data in my Python variables.  Is HTMLlib
> my best bet here?  Python.org mentions ZTemplate from the makers of Zope
> for tasks like this, but I couldn't find it on their site.

AFAIK...

HTMLlib has no facility like this, although you could potentially build
one from it if you like.  However, HTMLgen has a facility that sounds a
lot like what you're after.  (It also has a lot of other good stuff.)

wouldn't-it-be-nice-if-all-of-python's-html-stuff-were-pulled-
   -together-into-one-unified-package-(not-that-i'm-volunteering
   -<wink>)-ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation	      http://www.iowegian.com