question

Remco Gerlich scarblac-spamtrap at pino.selwerd.nl
Tue May 30 19:27:30 EDT 2000

technology wrote in comp.lang.python:
> a friend of mine is making some tcl/tk buttons on his linux freex86 desktop.
>
> They take a few seconds to appear after starting the script to make them
> appear.
>
> Would using python/tk buttons be faster?

Probably not. Python/Tk uses an interface to the Tcl/Tk stuff, and I don't
think Python scripts start up quicker than Tcl scripts anyway.

Is there a delay when the script starts up only, or is it slow all the time?
It should be faster on a modern system.

Remco Gerlich,  scarblac at pino.selwerd.nl
"This gubblick contains many nonsklarkish English flutzpahs, but the
 overall pluggandisp can be glorked from context"  (David Moser)