PostgreSQL from Python 1.5.2

Johann Spies jhspies at futurenet.co.za
Fri May 19 07:08:03 EDT 2000

In article <3924599A.9CEB3FB1 at xenon.spb.ru>, Dmitry Rozmanov wrote:
>Hi.
>
>	I'd like to connect to Postgresql on Debian Linux box from Python from
>Windows95 box. All I have found it is PyGres module, but it contanes .c
>file that must be compiled. I don't have any C compiler on windows.

Pygres is available as a Debian package.

$apt-cache search pygres
python-pygresql - PostgreSQL module for Python
zope-pygresqlda - A Zope Database Adapter for PostgreSQL

'apt-get install python-pygresql' should install it for you.

Regards.

JOhann.

--
J.H. Spies, Hugenotestraat 29, Posbus 80, Franschhoek, 7690, South Africa
Tel/Faks 021-876-2337 Sel/Cell 082 898 1528(Johann) 082 255 2388(Hester)