Python & clipboard

Andrew Dalke dalke at acm.org
Mon May 1 02:35:54 EDT 2000

Hans Nowak wrote:
> I am trying to find a function which gets clipboard data (on Win98). I
have
> been looking at the win32clipboard module, but it seems that the best I
can
> get is a handle to an object containing clipboard data.

If you just want text clipboard data, then you can use selection_get()
in Tkinter.  If you want non-text data, I asked this a couple of weeks
ago.  Here's my post:
 http://www.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=614227280&fmt=text

In it I have a solution (based on hints from Wesley Phoa's "clipboard.py")
using Sam Rushing's calldll and DynWin.windll to get data from that
handle.

Mark Hammond wrote to me a couple of days ago saying:
> I have changed the clipboard module, and added a test suite - so
> when you see a new build, grab it and try it out...

so the other option is to wait a bit.

                    Andrew Dalke
                    dalke at acm.org