A Python Beginner on Win32

yuri_leikind at my-deja.com yuri_leikind at my-deja.com
Wed May 31 14:05:28 EDT 2000

In article <8gmlej$mg6$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Ian Maurer <ian_maurer at my-deja.com> wrote:
> Yuri,
>
> Maybe it has to do with the fact you installed it on the I: drive? Not
> sure.
>
> If you are looking to get a taste of what REALLY python is, I would
> recommend starting with a simple text editor and the command prompt.
>
> I use ultraedit (good regex built in) found at http://www.ultraedit.com
> and my own dos prompt enhancer (open-source in python) that can be
> found at the vaults  (http://www.vex.net/parnassus/) or at my site
> directly (http://hammer.prohosting.com/~pyguy). It allows for aliasing
> of commands, associating of files (for win9x), and history commands.
> Saves me a ton of time.
>
> After you get a good grip of Python the language, I would start looking
> at the GUI stuff. IDLE/Tk and Pythonwin are both great but I prefer the
> wxPython GUI framework. You can check that out at http://wxpython.org.
>
>  Good Luck,
>  Ian Maurer
>  http://hammer.prohosting.com/~pyguy

Hi Ian,

I think you're right. (about command prompt and the like)
I've already started to write simple scripts and
to like python ;-) .
It seems to be as powerful as Perl but with clearer syntax and I like its
object-orientedness.

Thanks for the links, I'll explore them.

Yuri Leikind

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.