Unified Arrays in Python?

Nick Bower N.Bower at ses.curtin.edu.au
Fri May 26 01:10:44 EDT 2000

I thought there was a rumour some time ago that said unified arrays for
Python were on their way.  These would presumably fix the inconsitencies
and annoyances involved in moving data between NumPy and PIL.  I've just
read the Python 1.6 page, but have found no announcement on this topic.
Perhaps there was never any truth in the rumour?

Do people not think they are a worthwhile-enough feature to be
considered as a Python datatype rather than being left to an external
NumPy module?

Just wondering :)

Cheers, Nick.