Irix 6.5, gcc 2.95.2, readline and control-C problem

George White gwhite at bodnext.bio.dfo.ca
Sat May 6 14:12:16 EDT 2000

For python 1.5.2 or 1.6, built with readline (2.x or 4.1) using gcc 2.95.2
on Irix 6.5, typing control-C results in stack overflow on my Indigo2.
I've tried building python with and without threads.  There was one report
several months ago (using slightly older tools) of the same problem, but
no solution.

Does anyone have readline working for n32 python on Irix 6.5?

--
George White <gnw3 at acm.org>  tel: 902.426.8509
  Bedford Inst. of Oceanography, Nova Scotia, Canada.