Why should I switch to Python?

Ben Wolfson rumjuggler at cryptarchy.org
Thu May 11 00:03:12 EDT 2000

On Thu, 11 May 2000 03:50:27 GMT, Courageous <jkraska1 at san.rr.com>
wrote:

>Tim Peters wrote:
>>
>> [Grant Griffin]
>> > Speaking of C, I find myself missing the "x=" operators, and "++".
>> > However, I understand and endorse the reasons Python omits them.
>>
>> While ++ makes little sense in a language with immutable numbers, += (&
>> friends) can make good sense.
>
>+= and -= would be nice, but I don't understand what you mean by
>"friends" or why python might need them???

The friends of += are -=, *=, /=, %=, |=, &=, ^=, >>= and <<=.

--
Barnabas T. Rumjuggler

...to understand to attention when I'm talking to you and stop
laughing, about human nature, man's psychological make-up some story
the wife'll believe and hence the very meaning of life itselfish
bastard, I'll kick him in the balls upon the road.
 -- Monty Python, "Word Association Football"