What's in a name?

Enrique Castro ecastro at cicei.ulpgc.es
Tue May 30 13:18:10 EDT 2000

Hi,
  I have seen a lot of discussion about case-sensitivity in Python. I am
not a professional programmer, and I am new to Python, even, I cam from
Pascal. I should vote for  case-insensitivity, but that's not the case.
I think that the best argument for case-sensitivity  is that it forces you
to write (and think) carefully. This is even better for beginners. The goal
of a good programmer is to write good code, not tons of unreadable (or
fault-prone) code.
    If you need to share code, been aware of different case-conventions may
enforce real discussion between programmers about aims, goals and styles
(nor simply exchanging chunks of code).

Just a two-pence thinking

Enrique