learning a GUI (wxPython)

Human Fact(tm) humanfact at generalpicture.com
Tue May 16 14:29:11 EDT 2000

teroc wrote in message <392166ef.13130601 at news.earthlink.net>...
> Does anyone have any suggestions for learning GUI programming?

   If you're willing to forsake literal wxPython examples for sources of
more general GUI building, the first thing that comes to my mind is the
wealth of Java books on GUI, for instance:

Graphic Java by David Geary, ISBN 0-13-863077-1

  I would think this goes into the right amount of hands-on detail to show
you how to do size and placement calculations to achieve the layout you
desire, also covers event listeners, etc. I haven't learned Python yet
myself, but I'd likely have my wxPython dox open and the Graphic Java book
nearby....

  And GUIs built in DHTML would also do this trick. Why not cruise over to
Dan Steinman's IE4/NN4 treasurechest at

 www.dansteinman.com