ANNOUNCE: Python CVS tree moved to SourceForge

Bernhard Reiter breiter at usf.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Mon May 22 12:47:55 EDT 2000

In article <200005212205.PAA05512 at cj20424-a.reston1.va.home.com>,
	Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> writes:
> I'm happy to announce that we've moved the Python CVS tree to
> SourceForge.  SourceForge (www.sourceforge.net) is a free service to
> Open Source developers run by VA Linux.

Hmm I am not really happy about it. The concentration of Free
Software Projects on SourceForge is a little bit dangerous.
See  http://lwn.net/2000/0210/devel.phtml for some considerations.

Though SourceForge is a nice service and a good idea, I think that
there should be more decentralism and diversity.

But again that is not really a Python specific subject.
This post just shows that I regard python as an important free
software project. :-)

	Bernhard
The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)