Java vs Python

Cees de Groot cg at gaia.cdg.acriter.nl
Fri May 26 13:25:21 EDT 2000

Andrew Cooke  <andrew at andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk> said:
>In the company I work for, the two languages are both used for different
>(but overlapping) areas.  Java is used for the product; Python is used
>for scripting tasks (automating builds, etc).

That's how we use both languages as well. Plus that we do a lot of code
generation in our back-end in JPython - nothing can beat having full access
to our Java classes coupled to the ease of Python-based code generation.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>
Forge your CipherSaber and list it: http://www.xs4all.nl/~cg/ciphersaber/