GUIs

Dan L. Pierson dan at control.com
Mon May 15 11:31:50 EDT 2000

"Neil Hodgson" <neilh at scintilla.org> wrote:

>    I'd better put a Scintilla anti-advertisement here. The TK text widget is
> more general and is better suited for use as a word processor or similar.
> Scintilla (and the wx version "wxStyledTextCtrl") is focussed on editing
> source code text. The main limitations compared to TK are:
>         All lines same height
>         No word wrap or character wrap
>         No inclusions (images or widgets)

True, however you failed to mention the reasons to use Scintilla for
source code editing such as:

		Tooltip help for function arguments
		Selection box choices for members, enums, etc.

Essentially Scintilla's recipie seems to have been: Take a rich text
widget, remove things that are not useful for source text, add all the
neat things in the latest VB editor.  Then port to Linux...
Dan Pierson, Control Technology Corporation
dan at control.com