Newbie Thread Question

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Tue May 30 18:37:13 EDT 2000

In article <8h1f8b$8cm$1 at news-int.gatech.edu>,
Shengquan Liang  <gt2558b at prism.gatech.edu> wrote:

> a Python script( without any thread programming built in) is published
>on an Apache server. So far, it is tested with only one client
>accessing the script from the web and it runs well.  The question i
>have is that if I need to progam the threading part to be able to
>handle multiple clients accessing simultaneously.  Does the Apache
>server fork multiple threads simultaneously to control eah run of the
>script using one thread?

By default, Apache spawns one *process* per browser connection.  You
don't need to worry about threading.  Just make sure that you do safe
things with any external objects (e.g. file access).
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Have you coined a word today?  --Aahz