pyApache install

chibaA at TinterlogD.Tcom chibaA at TinterlogD.Tcom
Mon May 15 23:19:56 EDT 2000

I'm having problems figuring out how to install pyApache.  Actually,
the root of it might have something to do with problems getting the
compiled apache server to run.  If anyone has successfully recompiled
apache with pyapache (or.. even recompiled apache), could you lend me
a hand here?

Basically, if I try and run ./configure, everything goes well (and
seemingly imports modules & stuff fine), the installation finishes,
and the apache directory & executables are all there.  I go to run
apachectl start - and it gives me an unable to start message.  If I
just try running ./httpd, it just says segmentation fault.

Any ideas?  I'm running RH6.1, I have the rpm version of apache
1.3.9-4 running already (but I killed the process while trying the
rebuilt one).  I compiled (with and without pyapache) using apache
1.3.9 (and for kicks, tried 1.3.12 as well) - but the same problem
each time (segmentation fault).  When I type gcc -v, it returns gcc
version egcs-2.91.66 (which I assume is new enough - came with RH6.1).

I might be missing other pertinant info - just let me know what you
would need to know.

Thanks for your assistance.

kc