Newbie Q: Win32, COM, Dispatch, Oracle OLE

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu May 4 00:51:18 EDT 2000

> {'CreateDatabasePool': <function CreateDatabasePool at
> 549c70>, 'GetDatabaseFromPool': <function GetDatabaseFromPool at
> 54dfa0>}

Good question.  You are correct in that it has seen it OK.

My guess is that Oracle is giving us some bad information.

There are 2 ways we can proceed:

* Run makepy over the typelib, and mail me the relevent generated
functions you show above.  Then I can tell you some magic to type in that
will confirm or deny my suspicions.

or
* Try using "dumb dispatch":
>>> from win32com.client.dynamic import DumbDispatch
>>> oraS = DumbDispatch("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")

And see you go...

Mark.