Linux Processes from Python HOW-TO?

Rob W. W. Hooft rob at hooft.net
Mon May 1 04:07:49 EDT 2000

>>>>> "cb" == chris barker <chris_barker at my-deja.com> writes:

 cb> Hi all, Has anyone written a HOW-TO or tutorial that explains how
 cb> to start and manipulate other processes with Python. I imagine
 cb> it's trivial if you are familiar with the Linux/Unix process
 cb> model, but I get very confused about when to use:

After the fabulous descriptions by other people I'd like to point out
two higher level interfaces:

1) ftp://ftp.python.org/pub/python/contrib-09-Dec-1999/System/subproc.tar.gz

   A module that makes it a lot easier to interface to a process than
   just "os.popen"

2) http://starship.python.net/crew/hooft/ -> task.py

   A module that makes it a lot easier to interface to a process than
   just "os.system"

Regards,

Rob Hooft

--