python's acceptance

robin at illusionsexeculink.com robin at illusionsexeculink.com
Fri May 5 08:14:16 EDT 2000

"Scott Hathaway" <slhath at flash.net> wrote:

[lots of good stuff]

Right on the money, Scott! I can only echo your comments.

Needed are:

1. GUI builder using some nice library, eg: wxPython. Boa Constructor
used an older version of wxPython last time I checked (crashed) but
could be the ticket soon.

2. IDE with decent debugger. PythonWin could be there with a concerted
effort.

3. Easy build to EXE (or DLL) or whatever to allow for protected code
and ease of distribution.

4. Better promotional material geared at suits.

5. Better documentation, like Mark's new book.

Then Python will rule the desktop.

-----
robin                          robin at illusionsexeculink.com
media artist /                 remove illusions to reply
information architect          www.execulink.com/~robin/

Ontario's government could be a symptom of the conditions deep in the
ocean.