Python3k extended grammar

Thomas Malik 340083143317-0001 at t-online.de
Sat May 20 11:43:00 EDT 2000

> hmmm. am I the only one that read -> as yields?

seems so. Every other programming language says 'return'.

> > >    def func( x: Integer, y: Integer ) -> Integer:
>
> I see this definition as reading:
>
> Given two integers (x,y), func yields integer
... and i read: gimme the member named 'Integer' from the result of the
function definition expression, which must be of some pointer type ... but
we don't have pointers in Python, do we ? confusion starts ...

> man, I gotta stop reading Dykstra before bedtime...

Hmm, did this guy design any practical programming language ...?