Java vs Python

Moshe Zadka moshez at math.huji.ac.il
Sat May 27 04:43:25 EDT 2000

On Thu, 25 May 2000 faatdilac at my-deja.com wrote:

> My management approves every language provided that it comes with the
> box, no download.
>
> As of now, only Perl, Tcl/Tk and Expect come with every Unix box. So I
> am enjoying making ~ 85K writing programs in Perl & Tcl/Tk & Expect.

What kind of Unices do you work with? I worked with Solaris, AIX and
HP-UX, and none of them came with either Perl, Tcl/Tk or Expect. On the
other hand, all linux distributions come with a Python package on the
CD.

In short, judging from experience, this seems to be pure FUD.
--
Moshe Zadka <moshez at math.huji.ac.il>
http://www.oreilly.com/news/prescod_0300.html