Python for project planning tool

Jeroen Lamain jeroen.lamain at NOSPAM.philips.com
Tue May 30 09:23:28 EDT 2000

Hello,

We are trying to develop a project managment tool like MS Project 98.

Previously we were developing using c++ and gtk. Yesterday I
tried Python and the GNOME binding. I was very impressed by
the ease of development. (this was my first experience with Python)

Is python ok for developing such a tool ? I mean... is it usable
for a such a kind of project. Will I have enough performance
when writing everything in Python (UI, task scheduler) ?

Regards,

Jeroen Lamain