Do I always have to write "self." ?

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Tue May 2 07:15:17 EDT 2000

Samuel A. Falvo II <kc5tja at garnet.armored.net> wrote:
> In article <8ek3as$f0e$2 at newshost.accu.uu.nl>, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>>In what way is 'cmd' hungarian notation? There's no prefix anywhere, unless
>>it's all prefix. :)

> cmd is the type of string being sent to it, so it'd be all prefix (examples
> in Windows would be a variable named hwnd instead of hwndDialogBox).

Um, weird. I think I'm still on the side of human words as variable names,
with some mild patterns such as 'list' or 'dict' thrown in. That is,
for Python. For C++ I definitely am in favor of some device to indicate
what's a data member. I've seen _foo and d_foo used myself. s_foo for
static data members, etc.

Regards,

Martijn