Damnation! (was: Re: Python3k extended grammar)

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun May 21 23:18:37 EDT 2000

Courageous <jkraska1 at san.rr.com> writes:

> I wouldn't say I dislike it, but I do find myself tripping up on it all
> the time, particularly after else, but often in other conditions as well.
> (It's also my most frequent error).

Strange how we differ.  For one, I do much like the colon on the first line
of a compound statement, and the useful redundancy of this colon with an
increase in the indentation on the following line.  If find this _clear_.

Someone suggested that the colon be added by the editor as a typing aid.
But I guess that if the dislike is for the syntax, it would not help.  Sigh!