Setting up PIL?

Fredrik Lundh effbot at telia.com
Fri May 12 02:39:39 EDT 2000

David Lees <debl.nospam at world.std.com> wrote:
> I just downloaded both the ZIP file and an exe for the Python Imaging
> Library, but have not been able to get either to work.  Any pointers or
> advice?  the EXE seems to install version 1.5.1 of Python along with
> PIL. I am already using 1.5.2.  There seemed to be no option to only
> install PIL.

the EXE is a complete distribution, the ZIP is a patch to
that distribution.

alternatives:

    if you have the pythonwin extensions, use kevin cazabon's
    PIL installer: http://members.home.com/lenticular/

    if you don't have pythonwin, see the following post where
    greg landrum explains how to use the ZIP file with the
    python.org distribution:
    http://www.deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=596580430

</F>