hungarian notation is evil (was Re: Do I always have to write "self." ?)

Samuel A. Falvo II kc5tja at garnet.armored.net
Thu May 4 18:24:16 EDT 2000

In article <39116EE5.8EFE6228 at san.rr.com>, Courageous wrote:
>Well, to be fair, I think his rant against hungarian notation was
>more directed at thungarian itself notation than you personally.
>His point is quite apt. Hungarian notation is beyond lame.

I personally disagree on the latter point.  However, in private e-mail, John
and I have been having a much more rational (and satisfying!) discussion on
the topic. :-)

>He could have done without the insulting tone, I suppose...

The tone, as I later found out, wasn't intended, so I don't particularly
feel as hurt as I was.  But the Programming with Dick and Jane bit just made
be blow a gasket.  The ORIGINAL reply to that was much longer, and a heck of
a lot more scathing, to say the least.  :)

Then I realized, "You know -- it's just not worth it."  We're arguing over
personal preferences here.  But I was still angry enough to not just let it
go myself.

So in the end, I too need to apologize.

--
KC5TJA/6, DM13, QRP-L #1447