case-sensitivity compromise proposal

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed May 24 00:23:20 EDT 2000

[Following myself up here]

"Mark Hammond" <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote in message
news:ibvW4.1719$bZ3.10015 at news-server.bigpond.net.au...

> I brought this up once before (for COM, where case-insensitivity would
> also remove a few surprises for a few people coming from VB etc),

I should point out that at no point did I actually want Python to become
completely case insensitive for COM - but I _did_ want the ability to
create case-insensitive namespaces on demand.

So for the record, I would personally remain in the case-sensitive camp,
but would be willing to live in a case-insensitive world if it was
recognised it could benefit - and therefore Python could reach - more
people.  I can't believe it is YANI (yet-another-religious-issue) for so
many people!

Mark.