python win32all: Why Differences with C?

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed May 10 05:27:38 EDT 2000

"Tom Vrankar" <no at spam.net> wrote in message
news:6z4S4.1006$Xl.81237 at news.goodnet.com...

> After some stumbling around in the Python Win32 help files, I discover
> win32ui.FindWindow() which seems to have similar looking parameters, so
> translate the above as:

win32ui is based on MFC - it is the main Pythonwin module.

You really want win32gui - but it doesnt expose FindWindow()
(  Actually, it does now, but that wont help until you get the next build
I release.  If you have MSVC, I could send you the new sources and you can
build it.

> translation is call wnd.SendMessage().

Well, that is there :-)

Mark.