MORE ON REFCOUNTING

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Thu May 25 03:13:09 EDT 2000

Okay. I'm working on a deque implementation for python, and I believe
I may be getting this whole reference count thing down pat. I'll comment
on it:

o=Class() // creates an instance object, refcount == 1

d=deque.Create()

d.PushHead(o) // creates an intermediate tuple to pass to the
              // external function, raising reference count to 2.
              // C function stores 'o', raising refcount to 3.

// intermediate tuple object is gone, refcount back down to 2.

d.PopHead()

// pophead decrefs refcount, refcount back down to 1, right where it should be

???