Good ideas :-), no time :-(

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu May 25 10:03:01 EDT 2000

Courageous <jkraska1 at san.rr.com> writes:

> [...] While I seldom toot my own horn about anything, managing very large
> source (multiple platform, multiple language, multiple configuration)
> is something I'm very, very good at, so I hope you appreciate it when
> I say that GNUmake is one of the very best build tools I've ever found
> for anything like this.

No doubt that GNU `make' is a good thing.  I use it a lot myself.  It is
especially good for managing huge projects having a rather regular structure.

It also has its limitations, and a few people are trying to invent better
solutions.  This is _not_ an easy challenge to do something more usable
than GNU `make', but for some, `make' is not the end of everything :-).

Juste mes deux sous!